Click !

Sunday 21 July 2013

Packing

There are a few things in my life that I couldn't seem to grasp the fact that it happened. The first would be me being awarded Student of the Year back in high school. The second would be this - having the opportunity to attend the IB World Student Conference in one of the world's most beautiful cities, Vancouver.

Things like these are so unexpected - shudders of excitement make their way through my body when the news reached my ears. Nevertheless, I would say that I'd rather get pleasant surprises like these than to be let down by too many expectations. After knowing that I've been selected to participate in the IBWSC, I almost broke the calm demeanour I always wear and break into a face-splitting grin. The months that follow involved tedious visa applications and constant correspondence with the organizers.

Packing is a rather tedious process too, which I procrastinated until I was about to leave. One thing learnt though - don't put your phone charger and universal plug into your luggage! I was having a flat battery when I was transitting in Shanghai, and I could do nothing about it. It was so frustrating.


This is Pudong Airport, Shanghai, China. 



Transitted here for five hours.




No comments:

Post a Comment